Sunday, March 02, 2008

Sunday for relaxing moments

Sandra and I went to Kringlan today to buy a birthday present for my cousin Björk (Albertsdóttir). She celebrated her 30th birthday today and we decided to get her pyjamas and flowers.

I then went for a quick coffee and a chat with some friends at Cafe Hresso but didn't get any cakes until at the birthday party. My goodness were they nice cakes, thank you Björk :) Björk showed us some photos from the time she was a baby (and I do remember these fat cheeks and blue eyes!). And honest to God - we also took a look at her rubber duck collection!!! Lovely party and very amusing moments!

Laughed very hard all day - feeling very cheerful now!

2 Comments:

At 02 March, 2008, Blogger Beth said...

Hi Elin
It has been many years (27?) since I spent the summer with your family.
We lost touch many years ago as I moved around. We are now settled in Maryland. I am teaching school, Scott is out of the Army and our oldest of 4 (Ben) will be going to college next year!
I would love to hear from you!
On a whim I just decided to google your name....if I had only known it would be this easy!
Please give my best to your family!
Peace and Blessings
Beth

 
At 03 March, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Beta! Brilliant to hear from you after all these years :) I called my parents and they were thrilled that you are back in touch! Please e-mail me at ellaeiriks@hotmail.com so we can start e-mailing. Love to your family!
Elín and the rest of your family in Reykjavík, Iceland

 

Post a Comment

<< Home