Monday, June 18, 2007

WAW

WAW is the new expression in my vocabulary for What a Weekend :) I think I have talked about busy weekends before but this one is certainly on the top three list!

This is the weekend in brief:

Friday night I flew to Ísafjördur in the West Fjords of Iceland and stayed over night at Hotel Isafjördur. Calm evening and I went out for a meal. I met quite a few people I knew from Reykjavík who were there to attend seminars or even to make a movie!


Saturday was spent working. Adriana was there at seven in the morning and we had bus tours and boat tours to Vigur running throughout the day. I had a lunch date with Aino Freyja and her beautiful daughter Hrafnhildur and in the afternoon I decided to jump on board the Sæferðir boat and go to Vigur Island. Lovely island, very tranquil and nice. I spoke some French with the tourists, I really should get my French back on track... will keep that in mind for old age :)

I went back to Reykjavík on the six o'clock flight after a shower and a change of clothes at the hotel. From the Airport I drove straight to Olli's house (Runólfur Ágústson was called Olli 25 years ago...) where some former AFS exchange students were gathering to celebrate AFS 50th anniversary and our own 25 year reunion! All these faces from the past :) Olli, Ása Richards, Jói Hlíðar, Ingibjörg, Ranný , etc. We then went to Nordica for the main celebration, and as the night was still young at the end of the dinner and dance we ended up at the Nordica bar for some more chats and laughter.

Sunday was again a day of work. At seven in the morning the Atlantik team met with MS Albatros and then we went for a coffee afterwards.

The afternoon the kids and I went to town. We caught the parade into town and then spent a nice afternoon on Hljómskálagarður eating candy floss and trying out the jumping castles and more fun things! The looooong day ended at Subway with an ice cream in front of the tv in the evening and Sandra and Eiríkur went content and full to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home