Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Belfast Part I

I spent the most wonderful weekend with my friends in Blefast. Marta and David are the most brilliant hosts and I really enjoyed seeing Belfast and Northern Ireland. We packed a lot into the long weekend. After a nice flight via Glasgow (travelling without kids is sooooooo easy!)I ended up in Marta's lovely house in Holywood having a BBQ and nice red wine from Israel :) For a moment I was not sure if I was in Ireland or Spain as everyone was speaking Spanish around me!!! The boys, Pablo and Carlos, have grown yet again and I would really like to see them play with Sandra and Eiríkur in the near future.

Saturday was spent in the town. Marta has a market stall at St. George's Market, nice stalls and a pleasure to potter about. I tried my hand at selling the lovely Spanish products but Marta is really the star of the show! I walked into town and enjoyed seeing the bustling down-town, the town hall and of course the pubs ;) Mayday was being celebrated that weekend and I saw the parade from afar, lots of bands but not a huge march!


In the afternoon we went to see the old Peace Line and the murials from the time of the cnflict. Amazing to be in the places that I saw in the news when growing up. We ended up in an a lovely old pub: The Crown Liquor Saloon in the town centre for a swift Guinness and a chat.

The evening ended at a chinese restaurant - lovely prawns and steamed sole. I could not be more content!

Part II to follow later :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home