Monday, February 05, 2007

Jakarta

I just heard from my dearest friend Kayee in Jakarta - this does not sound good:

"don't know if you have heard of massive floods here (when did you leave?
were you here in the 2002 floods?). telecommunications have been down, Jl
Sudirman, and some surrounding areas are badly flooded. many friends are
without electricity and have water in their house. Kemang is badly
flooded aswell. JIS was closed on Friday and today i'ts also closed
because it doesn't have clean water."

I was there in the 2002 floods which were bad enough but Kemang (my neighbourhood was not to badly flooded and my house was dry). So many homeless people, rats coming out of the sewers and the floodwater is very dirty and contaminated. You are all in my thoughts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home