Monday, April 10, 2006

Kári

It was Kári's confirmation yesterday and his parents and extended family had prepared a wonderful feast for everyone to celebrate his big day with him. I went to church to witness his confirmation, he is so much like one of my kids :o) Then I offered Dora's friend from Denmark a little tour of Reykjavik while Dora and family finalized everything for the party and I spoke Danish for the first time in my life I think. A very strange version of my schoolday Danish with a lot of German, English and Icelandic thrown in for good measure! But we had fun and it was nice to get to know them.

The party was great, kids played their instruments for us to enjoy, there was some singing but no dancing (!) and we all enjoyed the video clips of Kári his father had put together - from being a new born crying baby to the handsome 13 year old he is today. Congratulations Kári!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home